Manager, Business and Corporate Partnership
Salary- £25,000-£28,000 pro- rata, depending on experience
Hours- 7hrs a week
Closing date: Aug 10th
Employment condition: One-year contract with possibility of renewal and time increment based on performance
The Business and Corporate Partnership manager will lead on BAF business engagement strategy that includes making Lagos and Abuja LGBT safe cities by 2030. This role will focus on building partnerships with businesses to promote work place diversity. At BAF we strongly believe that businesses have a fundamental role to play in advancing LGBT rights and it is because of this that we are investing in engagement, training and partnerships.
The Manager, Business and Corporate Partnership manager will be responsible for leading one of Bisi Alimi Foundation flagship programs. The incumbent will cultivate relationships with multinational businesses based in the Europe and America with presence in Nigeria to develop mutually productive partnerships that will lead to accelerating social acceptance for LGBT people in Nigeria and making work places in Nigeria safer for LGBT people. The holder of this post will report to the Executive Director and will be responsible for tasks directly related to BAF’s portfolio of workplace diversity training and work place champions. He/she/they will also assist with such areas as solicitation and management, prospect research, proposal writing, database maintenance, administrative tasks, and other duties as assigned. The incumbent will also lead in departmental operational fundraising.
- Work with the management team to research, identify and cultivate relationships with multinational organisations and businesses based in Europe and America with presence in Nigeria.
- Develop and update the work place diversity training toolkit.
- Upscale the relationship the organisation has built with businesses over the past 3 years.
- Lead on corporate fundraising and events.
- Maintain and update internal fundraising tracking systems.
- Administrative duties as assigned.
- Represent the foundation at events.
- Recruit companies in Europe and America with presence in Nigeria to join BAF’s work place diversity training programs.
- Manage a pool of volunteers and Interns
- Seek opportunities to turn corporate engagement to funds and interest
- Seek opportunity of engagement with small and medium Nigerian owned businesses.
- Be able to use social media to generate business and corporate interest in the work of BAF.
- Develop and executive events and activities to engage with businesses and fundraise.
- Create and monitor revenue/expense budget and develop specific strategies and action steps to achieve revenue/expense goals as they relate to business and corporate engagement.
- Serve as the link between BAF and it workplace diversity champions
- Keep and maintain BAF’s workplace champions’ database.
- Oversee the maintenance of the Raiser’s Edge database to track corporate pledges and payments.
- Work with Communications team to ensure all marketing materials (eblasts, evites, program books, tickets, step and repeat banners, banners, posters, etc.) have the correct corporate listings/logos for every event based on partner benefits.
- Participate in staff meetings, planning meetings and other meetings as needed.
- Required: University degree or equivalent.
- Required: over 2 years of proven track record working with and cultivating relationships with major corporate businesses
- Required: Willingness to travel, work alternative work schedules as needed.
- Experience in marketing and branding
- Required: Superior organization, communications, analytical and logistics skills.
- Superior project management skills, including managing projects with multiple and competing deadlines and ability to work under pressure.
- Ability to work independently, to work under supervision and to work in a team as well as a goal-oriented environment.
- Strong computer skills and knowledge including Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel and donor database software.
- Public speaking experience, positive attitude and sense of humor desired.
- Willingness to pitch in and help with projects across departments.
- Understanding of history and current issues concerning the representation of the gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgender communities in Nigeria.
- Demonstrated ability to create clear, clean and effective written communication.
- Demonstrated ability to provide efficient and effective research support.
- Demonstrated ability to provide efficient administrative support.
- Ability to complete tasks on time.
- Knowledge of office filing systems and databases.
Application process: Please send your CV and cover letter (3 pages maximum) demonstrating your suitability for the role to firstname.lastname@example.org
About Bisi Alimi Foundation (BAF)
The Bisi Alimi Foundation is a diaspora organisation registered in England and Wales with the sole aim to accelerate social acceptance for LGBT people in Nigeria. The foundation is committed through its Business Engagement department to engage and work with multinational companies based in Nigeria as we all and small and medium scale Nigerian owned businesses to advance equality, diversity and inclusion.