Job Title- Research Officer
Reporting to- Country Director and Operations Manager
Contract time- One-year contract with possibility of extension
Closing Date- 15th October 2021
Research is a core part of the work we do at the Bisi Alimi Foundation, it informs all we do, including our training and advocacy work.
As an organisation that believes in the power of data, we are equally excited about the possibility of turning data to story.
It is for this reason we are looking for someone with drive for research and passion for storytelling.
Our research and knowledge officer will overlook our research portfolio and look for even more impactful opportunities we can use data to drive social acceptance of LGBTQI people in Nigeria as well as tell stories that will change hearts and minds.
- To generate research-based data and evidence to inform the Bisi Alimi Foundation’s programming
- Build a knowledge repository on LGBT and Diversity and Inclusion issues in Nigeria using research
- Develop informative dataset to accelerate social acceptance of LGBT persons in Nigeria.
- Build a 3-year research plan spanning 2022-2025
- Including a quarterly fact sheets on issues affecting LGBTQI people in Nigeria
- 3 thematic research studies
- Workplace Index
- HIV discrimination in the workplace
- Impact of Homophobia study.
- Work with the Policy and Advocacy office to develop easy to understand data driven policy papers for lawmaker, diplomatic community and policy makers
- Establish and operationalize a repository of LGBTQI+ data/information
- Build connections and relationships with donors
- Identify funding opportunities for impactful research in Nigeria
- Work with ED and CD to build relationship with the donor community within and outside Nigeria
- Work with the ED, CD and OM to develop a robust fundraising database
- Develop easy to understand factsheets on thematic intersectional issues affecting LGBTQI persons in Nigeria
- Support the LDO to update all the training materials we use in conducting our training activities.
- Understanding of LGBTQI issues in Nigeria
- Knowledge of research and evaluation methodologies.
- Evidence of good analytical skills and ability to synthesize complex ideas.
- Proficiency in written work, including report writing.
- Ability to exercise own initiative, prioritize and manage own workload, and work to tight deadlines.
- Ability to tell stories using data
- Ability to analyze and resolve research issues in a timely and accurate manner.
- Excellent in developing research work plans according to project needs.
- Identify potential donors and build strong relationships with them.
- Ability to develop grant proposals and assist in grant completion and submission processes to their field.
- Being member of the LGBTQI community.
- A post graduate degree in Sociology, Statistic, Research, Law, Political Science or any related field
- Over 3 years working with a not for profit in the same field
- Understanding of LGBTQI landscape in Nigeria.
To apply, please fill the form below