Job Title: Project officer- QueerPedia
Salary: N120,000 [with benefits]
Location: Virtual [preferably Lagos]
Closing Date: 9th June 2023
Requirement- This position is open to only Queer people living in Nigeria
The Bisi Alimi Foundation is happy to announce the Project Officer- QueerPedia vacancy. This position is for one year and is renewable based on funding availability.
The Project officer will be responsible for our Wikipedia-funded funded program. Starting in August, the program is focused on training and supporting LGBTQI+ persons in Nigeria to build their capacity to use Wikipedia and curate Queer Nigerian stories on the platform.
This project is built around the residential training tradition of the Bisi Alimi Foundation.
- Responsible for maintaining and coordinating the QueerPedia WhatsApp groups, Newsletter, and other forms of communication with the QueerPedia Fellows
- Will work directly with the Programs officer and ED of BAF to execute the QueerPedia project in Nigeria, including but not limited to recruiting participants and developing manuals and relationships with donors and partners.
- Responsible for innovation and research to disseminate helpful information and opportunities to the QueerPedia fellows outside BAF.
- Responsible for coordination of programs activities (physical and online)
- Submit a monthly report on the 20th of each month to the Finance Officer
- Take full and direct responsibility to support to manage all aspects of assigned projects from the initial stages of contract award and negotiation through to completion;
- Assist in ensuring projects run on time and within budget;
- Provide assistance to ensure quality and timely submission of all project deliverables and documentation as assigned by the Line manager;
- Create, Maintain and regularly update the Project folder in Google Drive for each assigned project
- Help with the timely submission of all reports, including receipts and invoices to donor agencies for the assigned projects in line with the budget allocation and program narrative
- Passionate about LGBTQI+ issues in Nigeria
- Experience in the use of Google Workstation tools
- Effective in Social Media Management and Content Creation.
- Ability to manage a group of people with diverse backgrounds
- Ability to work remotely.
- Ability to work in a team
- Ability to convey a vision of the Bisi Alimi Foundation’s Training vision and mission in line with accelerating social acceptance of LGBT people in Nigeria.
- Ability to work independently with little or no supervision.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Understanding of Wikipedia [not a must]